The MTC Board of Limited Jurisdiction
We are invested.
We are in. We’re all in. We are committed to MTC, to our supporting parishes, to Catholic Education, to our community and to your children. We are intent in partnering with the Parish Pastors, MTC’s Principal and its Leadership Team to ensure a long and prosperous future for this school. The concept of a Board of Limited Jurisdiction (BLJ, or “The Board”) is an evolution from the Advisory Boards of the past in Archdiocesan schools. We are here to crystallize a strategy, then support its implementation and execution. Plain and simple. In terms of how we do that, it helps to understand what will make us successful and a value-add to MTC.
The Board is growing
Inquire whether you may be a good fit for this dynamic team
Assistant Vice President, Senior Underwriter at Devon Park Specialty Insurance
Our Board is:
- Mission-driven: all goals, plans, strategies and decisions advance MTC’s mission, to shape our students’ hands, hearts and minds.
- Strategic: we use the expertise of our members, data and trends to make informed decisions focused on the long term as well as tactical needs.
- Knowledgeable: we are composed of members with the skills required to address the school’s greatest needs and opportunities.
- Goal and results-oriented: we are all driven to make progress to achieve the school’s goals.
- Accountable and empowered: we understand our responsibilities, work diligently to make the best decisions, and own the process, execution and goals themselves.
- Structurally strong: we have and continue to develop robust committees to assist in executing on our responsibilities.
The expectations of a member of the MTC Board of Limited Jurisdictions include, at a high level:
- Attending a board meeting once every other month or as needed
- Supporting and assessing the implementation of the strategic plan
- Contributing $1000 or more to MTC development / fundraising efforts (“give or get”)
Beyond this we are looking for individuals, like those currently sitting around our table, who have a passion for education, a generous spirit both in terms of time and resources, a healthy network to connect into the MTC community and a propensity toward collaboration.